Search

Children Hospitalized After Cannabis Cookies Brought To School

In Oshawa, two elementary school children were taken to hospital after eating cannabis cookies. It happened on Wednesday at Hillsdale Public School. According to school board officials, the students showed signs of impairment and were taken to a local hospital by ambulance where they were monitored overnight due to elevated heart rates. Police say one of the children had snuck the cookies from home; they were made by the students parent, who had a medical cannabis license for personal consumption. The Children's Aid Society is expected to be contacted to look into the incident; police are warning parents, teachers, and caregivers of the risks of consuming cannabis at a young age.

© Torres Media | 6050 Owen Rd, Uxbridge | 905 852-9992 | 105.5 Hits FM